You heard it right, although there are bunch of free courses available online, you may not want to miss out the Lean Launchpad course for startup entrepreneurs by Steve Blank, a serial entrepreneur who is also a professor at the Stanford University. Steve Blank is one of the top 10 influencers of Silicon Valley, as reported by Mercury News in late 2009.
The Lean Launchpad is one of the free courses available at Coursera, a new online learning startup founded by Stanford professors Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng. The class will be focusing into turning great idea into great company, offered at free cost starting this month, and open to public.
“This class is not about how to write a business plan. It’s not an exercise on how smart you are in a classroom, or how well you use the research library. The end result is not a PowerPoint slide deck for a VC presentation. Instead you will be getting your hands dirty as you encounter the chaos and uncertainty of how a startup actually works.”
There is no specific date when the class will start, however it is set to begin this month.
Related at Evan Hugh:
- Maaduu: One successful year of the Free Video-on-Demand online TV Channel
- Malaysia’s Online Fashion Entrepreneurs’ Weekend (MOFEW) 2011: Taking fashion to a new level
- BePrime.my: Online classified startup to compete with Mudah.my
- Square.my and Social Commerce, now everyone can sell online! [startup]
- Malaysia’s WoWLoud allow you to play millions songs for FREE